Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After

Uh Huh, still full. How about you?  We had a good day. Grandma and the kids all here and no one went hungry thats for sure. I love having my family all here.

I have had much leaner Thanksgiving days. I had a few in my late teens that I spent alone. I had many that I neglected to even think about being thankful. Those years when the kids were little, everyone worked and I had no idea that the years to come might bring some challenges I had a hard time meeting.

Life has more challenges now but somehow I find it easier to deal with them than I once did. I can only say that having the Gospel and the guidance of the Holy Spirit are the difference. When I chose the right, when I chose to listen to the promptings of the Spirit I do allright. Now......................If I can just make those right choices more often.

1 comment:

  1. Don't sell yourself short...you're doing great! Glad you had your family around you for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete