Friday, May 27, 2011

Eat, Eat and Eat some more

Yesterday I heard some of the sweetest words I have ever heard! They came from the lips of my chemo therapy nurse. She looked directly at me ( me who could obviously stand to miss a meal or four) and said through the course of this chemo therapy you must eat! Not just a bite or two................we want those calories coming in regularly. It was hard not to weep with joy. I have never been told by a health professional to eat as much as I could. Supposedly I will lose my appetite soon and have a hard time eating? They obviously do not know me. When I am mad, sad, blue, joyful, happy or glad I eat. Chemo lasts into August so I anticipate a summer filled with bratwurst and kraut, chips and dip, potato salad and.................   Not that I am obsessed with food of course! So again it is proved that every cloud has a silver lining!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment